Proudly Serving East Stroudsburg, PA
East Stroudsburg is a borough located in Monroe County, Pennsylvania, USA. The area was initially inhabited by the Lenape Native Americans, and in the early 1700s, European settlers arrived, including Jacob Stroud, who established a trading post and gristmill along the McMichaels Creek in 1733. The settlement that grew around the mill became known as Stroudsburg.
In 1850, the Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western Railroad arrived, and a station was established in Stroudsburg, which facilitated trade and commerce. The town continued to grow, and in 1870, the area east of the Brodhead Creek was designated as the Borough of East Stroudsburg.
Throughout the 20th century, East Stroudsburg continued to develop and expand, with the opening of East Stroudsburg University in 1893, which brought new students, faculty, and businesses to the area. In the 1950s and 1960s, the growth of the tourism industry in the nearby Pocono Mountains further boosted the local economy.
Today, East Stroudsburg is a thriving community with a population of around 10,000 people. It is home to several parks and recreational areas, including Dansbury Park and the Glen Park Wildlife Refuge, and hosts numerous community events and festivals throughout the year.